Crafty Time with Friends


For the first time in a very long time, I have been able to create.  Typically, my work schedule (and life schedule) has interfered with my crafty time.  Fortunately, I have an amazing friend, Carmen Olson, who keeps me inspired and keeps me on top of things...such as reminding me to actually take time to find some "me" time.  In fact, this weekend, she issued me and a few of our other friends a challenge to create something this weekend...and even provided us with the link to a wonderful challenge--the Unity {be inspired} Challenge.   Needless to say, I accepted her challenge and actually made three cards.  Here are two: 



For both cards, I chose to use a few of the color choices provided as inspiration.  The stamp set used is the only one I have from Unity and was gifted to me by Carmen and is called: All About Hope.  It is such a beautiful set, and I was incredibly happy to be able to get inky with it!


This card also uses one of the stamps from the All About Hope set.  As for the kite, it was one of the amazing dies from MFT Stamps (and it was 90% off during their clearance extravaganza...so unfortunately, I think it has been discontinued).  I absolutely LOVE their products; but with my extremely tight budget, I can only afford the items that find their way to the clearance bin.  No worries!  I am a patient lady and have no problem waiting for the next awesome sale. :)  I am not as happy with this card...wish I would have chosen a blue background and different colors.  Bwah! Bwah! Bwah!  Oh, well!  As the saying goes, hindsight is always 20/20.  Anyhoo!  I had fun, and that is all that matters...I will post card three tomorrow.  For now, it is time to get some house stuff done (blech!).  Hoping to find some crafty time to play again tonight.  Until then, ciao bellas!!

Hugs and Smiles!
Carolyn :)

Comments

  1. I absolutely love both of your cards, so soft and feminine. I love that you used the Hope sentiment on the kite and the clouds make it seem like it's floating high above. The eyelet lace really trims out both cards beautifully. Great take on the color challenge dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts