Stay Strong, Badass!


I have always had the utmost respect for those special people who choose to provide care for others, especially in the most difficult of times. There was a time I considered becoming a nurse, but I knew I didn't have the stomach for blood, literally seeing someone's insides, and/or handling people who have been maimed...in fact, I feel faint just thinking about it. Furthermore, I knew I couldn't handle witnessing suffering and death on a regular basis. It takes an incredibly strong person to be able to handle these things and countless other things day in and day out and still possess a loving, positive, and compassionate spirit...I am not that strong. So, it didn't take COVID-19 for me to see them as heroes. In my eyes, they have always held that title.

For today's card, I chose to create a Thank You card for a special nurse using two sets from Ink Road Stamps -- Dark & Twisty (which I cannot seem to find in the US 😕😞, but no worries...I did find a store in the UK 😌😊) and Nurse. My card front features images from Dark & Twisty, while the interior is from the awesome Nurse set. For the most part, I am happy with the way the card turned out, but I think I should have popped up the center heart...still mulling over that. I think we will see how it looks on my next attempt.
 

Another thing worth mentioning is that there is a beautiful benefit of being a part of the Ink Road Stamps Roadies group (on Facebook), Lara encourages us to send RAKs to other group members and to spread the love. There is a list of members with their birthdays and even lets us know who the medical professionals are within our group. Although, I have many family members in the nursing field, I do believe this one will be sent to one of the Roadies. Time to pull a name from the list. 😊 


 Sending you wishes for a wonderful day, and thanks so much for dropping by!



Comments

Popular Posts